Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I leave in the state for 15 years I just apply to renew my…

Customer Question
I leave in the...

I leave in the state for 15 years I just apply to renew my green card after 10 years I do have 2 felony for selling stalling property 3 degree give a bad check 4 degree is post 3 months sins I apply how long is can take? and can I get deny for my renew?and if yes how long you have before the deport you? thanks

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Talk to one

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
Immigration Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear this; unfortunately USCIS may use the renewal process to review an applicant's criminal record and they may commence deportation proceedings if there are felonies on the record, or crimes involving moral turpitude.

It is difficult to say with certainty the time frame for deportation because under the new administration there is constant changes to the process.

Normally USCIS will review the history when the conviction is first brought to their attention but unfortunately a green card renewal can bring this issue to the forefront.

I would urge you to hire an attorney to help present your information in the most favorable light and to introduce mitigating circumstances if any.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

is there a way that the can look on my record and pass it ?or there is no way the can let it go?
It depends on the discretion of the reviewing agent. Unfortunately expungement does not work for immigration purposes.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer