Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have beeen working with an attorney regarding my

Customer Question
I have beeen working...

I have beeen working with an attorney regarding my citizenship application and do not like her firm anymore. She insists that I add her name as preparer on the application form which I do not want. How do I disengage her?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

No the application has been been submitted to USCIS yet. I have a green card. This is citizenship appl

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes, they advised me prepare the form. Made many mistakes and are confusing people.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How do i terminate the retainer agreement?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/18/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 9 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

I am sorry to hear about this. Please tell me what state this is in. Thank you.

Hello
I am working with a lawyer who I want to disengage. Is it sufficient just to say that we are breaking retainer agreement?The lawyer has helped me a bit on my N400 form and wants her name and signature to be added on part 15. The application has not been submitted yet.I do not want that as I want to disengage them. I can always fill out a new form and send, right? In fact I filed out most part of the form.
Is this a fraud website? I see no response.
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

This is not a fraud website. I am sorry for the delay.

Yes, you can send a letter to the lawyer and tell them that you no longer wish them to represent you. Send it by mail that requires a signature.

You can go on www.uscis.gov and complete your own N-400.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. I appreciate this opportunity to help you. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating. If you are very satisfied with my answer please take a moment to click on the 5 stars at the top of the page. The question thread remains open and you can ask follow-up questions.

Judith