Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

If I have a baby born in USA and I paid all the costs of…

Customer Question
If I have a...

If I have a baby born in USA and I paid all the costs of delivery in US hospital, can his mother stay with him in USA if yes, can his brother an sister join school and University in USA

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

If there is another state, with comfortable rules , my wife can give birth.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/18/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 11 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Unfortunately no. Having a child in the US does not give any rights for the parents of the child or the brother and sister of the child to remain in the US. Once the child turns 21 years old, he/she can petition his/her parents for a green card in the US. Before that, the child cannot assist the parents in anything related to immigration status in the US.

The parents can remain in the US while they have a valid visa. If they do not have a valid visa, they would be in the US illegally and can face deportation.

I'm so sorry. I wish I had better news for you. I hope you can understand that I do not make the laws here and I cannot change them. All that I can do is explain the laws to you. I Hope you can rate m based on my service to you and not whether it's good or bad news.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY! It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions for you at no additional charge, if you have any.

Hopefully you feel you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best! The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you.

If you have additional follow up questions that you would like to ask me, again please click Finish and rate me and then ask me and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always welcomed and very appreciated. If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I am the one that answers it for you by writing the words "FOR JEN MARIE" in your new post.