Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Whats the easiest way to apply for a work visa for a partner…

Customer Question
Whats the easiest way to...
Whats the easiest way to apply for a work visa for a partner of mine tgat wants to move to tge US and work for my company?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/16/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Thanks Judith. This guy is a marketing/IT guy that lives in New Delhi

Welcome to JustAnswer! I have 34 years experience as an immigration attorney and I am here to help resolve your immigration issue. Tackling these issues can sometimes get confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone or document review, I am able to do that for an additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested.

There is no such thing as an "easy" way to have someone come to the US to work.. You would have to file an application with the Dept of Labor and show them your efforts to recruit US workers for the position. You also have to agree to pay the wage the Dept of Labor determines to be the prevailing wage for this position.

If after recruiting in 3 different sources for US workers and posting the job with the local unemployment office and still no qualified US worker then you can proceed to the next step.

If this person was born in India it could take 12-13 years for a visa number to become available. He cannot come to work for you until then.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. I appreciate this opportunity to help you. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating. If you are very satisfied with my answer please take a moment to click on the 5 stars at the top of the page. The question thread remains open and you can ask follow-up questions.

Judith