Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am still a ukrainian citizen living in the US for 9 years…

Customer Question
I am still a...

I am still a ukrainian citizen living in the US for 9 years now. I am selling my home in ukraine, and I would like my cousin and his wife to be my power of attorney. My son who also is an owner is now an american citizen with a name change. What do I need to prepare to send to Ukraine to complete this transaction quickly

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?

Hold a moment, please

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
The state is Dnipro. No paperwork has been filed yet. I have not talked to a lawyer yet
Can you produce the power of attorney forms I will need? I want them to be correct the first time. Thank you
9/16/2017
Immigration Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Good morning
Good morning
We cannot produce the forms, but we can provide templates for you to use.
will these forms be complete and how much will you charge for them?
It is my understanding all docs have to be in both languages
A little background. If you own property that you need to sell in the Ukraine, but you are now living in the US, with no intention of returning to the Ukraine each and every time you need to do something with your property, you need to appoint someone, like your nephew, in the Ukraine as a power of attorney.For a power of attorney (доручення) to be valid in the Ukraine, you need to:Prepare the power of attorney according to the local legal requirements in the Ukraine;
Sign the power of attorney in front of a notary public. The notary public will witness and notarise the your document with their signature and seal.
After the power of attorney has been notarized, arrange for it to be stamped with an apostille from the US., or the Ukrainian Consulate.
Here is a sample form.http://www.euromarkpat.com/fileadmin/upload/pdf/UA_I hope this clarifies. Please don't forget to rate the question with stars so that I will receive credit and payment for assisting you with your question.
Here is the link again, part was cut offhttp://www.euromarkpat.com/fileadmin/upload/pdf/UA_PoA_120503.pdf
I asked for a template for the sale of property, not patent rights. Do you have a template for power of attorney for the sale of private residential property in Ukraine?
KLAW
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer