Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

We live in Chicago and had a problem with a travel agency in…

Customer Question
Hello We live in...

Hello We live in Chicago and had a problem with a travel agency in Florida and have a question

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No I want to make sure I do it correctly

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We paid the agency in Miami to process a Cuban Passport for my husband,

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/15/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Lorens35, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Lorens35
Lorens35, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, an Illinois licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

What is your question, my friend?

HelloI have a question of a problem with a travel agency in FLorida we live in IllinoisIs not really a immigration issue - they processed a cuban passport for us but not a immigration issue more of the way the agency handled our case and their lack of communication that caused us to spend$2,000Below is a email that I sent to companyIm not complain what the answer is from Cuban Government - we have gone to the Cuban Embassy to supply them with information they needed. I am very upset and feel frustrated with the lack of effort from the travel agencyThey advertise themselves as having complete knowledge in getting passports yet we got a incomplete passport that caused us to get 8 tickets - when it could of been avoided

Thank you for the additional information.

If the travel agency has breached its contract to you then you can sue them. Since the claim does not exceed $5000, you can sue in small claims court. Small claims court is designed to be a "user friendly", simplified process, so that you can present a claim without an attorney. Also, it moves much more quickly than regular court. You can get the necessary forms to start from the clerk of the court.

Unless they have a presence in Illinois, you will need to sue them in Florida.

Please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

HelloThere was no formal contractThey advertised they were experts in getting Cuban Forms and passportsThere were emails where they indicated the passport was approved by Cuba and when we received the passport we bought a total of 8 tickets - they never disclosed to us that Cuban passport had a second part in order for it to be valid.When there is no signed contract how do you prove a breach of contract
Verbal contracts are enforceable. They are just harder to prove. You can use their advertising and witness testimony to prove breach.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!