Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I'm H1b worker and I had a lay-off on July 28th. I have my…

Customer Question
Hi, I'm H1b worker...

Hi, I'm H1b worker and I had a lay-off on July 28th. I have my i140 approved in April and then revoke in June after I left the employer. Just want to know if I could transfer to F2? My husband is on F1. But I140 suggest immigration intent for me

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Talke to one

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/15/2017
Immigration Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Good afternoon
In your case, you need to take an action to invalidate H-1 COS.As you have lost your job, it is better that you travel outside US and return on F-2 and then apply for F-2 COS. Later, any employer can file cap-exempt H-1 petition for you, if you obtain a new job.I hope this clarifies. Please don't forget to rate the question