Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

From Ghana and i am contacting your firm regarding my

Customer Question
My name is***** from...

My name is***** from Ghana and i am contacting your firm regarding my immigration issue and i will like to know if there is anyway your firm can assist me in my situation. i was previously married to my american girl friend but unfortunately our marriage didn't last due to i wasn't constantly living in america because of my job i had in my country. and since we got married i never filed for my green card citizenship and i was still traveling on 5 years tourist visa which i had. and my last visit in the U.S i was stopped by the immigration in the airport which they were asking my purpose in the united state, then i told the immigration i am here to visit my wife and i was asked if i am aware am not supposed to travel on a tourist visa since i am already married to my american girl friend, then i told the officer i had no idea about it, so he therefore went ahead to explained to me since i am already married to my girl friend he wished to cancel my tourist visa so that i will return back to my country then apply for fiance visa which is the right visa for me to travel on since i am already married. i didn't hesitate when the officer told me he has to cancel my visa , so he took my finger prints then after he told me i have no problem with america so i should make sure to visit the embassy in my country to apply for fiance visa or if i wish he can allowed me to enter the country but once i enter america i should make sure to proceed with my green card citizenship which will allow me to live in the country, unfortunately i told the immigration officer i prefer going back to my country because i had my businesses in my country and i cant live united state for such long time to proceed for my green card.so i and my wife ended up our relationship within few months after i returned back to my country...so after our divorced i begin new relationship with my new american girl friend whom i met during my previous visit in america 4 years ago and we now planning to get marry in U.S, so i will like to know if there is any support your firm can help so that if possible i can ask my girl friend to visit your office further questions and requirements then we can proceed from there.. if there is any additional information's you need from me kindly don't hesitate to ask.

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

There is no pending cases

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

None yet that is why i am here

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That is all

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/15/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 9 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Alright waiting

Yes, I can assist your girlfriend with the process or with questions she may have about the process. Do you have specific questions today?