Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I need a clarification related to my dependant visa, I am on…

Customer Question
Hi I need a...

Hi I need a clarification related to my dependant visa

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

I am on a L1B visa and my extension is applied with USCIS. I also have my wife and son staying with me in on L2 visa

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

When my company filed for extension they have only filed for me and did not submit the I539

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

So once my visa expires. Are they allowed to stay with me in the US until my extension petetion is

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/14/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 11 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Hi Jen

No unfortunately not. Your wife and son will need their I-539 filed in order to remain with you in the US. If they do not file it then they are out of status as soon as your current status expires.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY! It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions for you at no additional charge, if you have any.

Hopefully you feel you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best! The stars are very important. This is how I receive a credit from the website. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you.

If you have additional follow up questions that you would like to ask me, again please click Finish... and rate me and then ask me and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always welcomed and very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you writing the words "FOR JEN MARIE" in your new post. :)