Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I was arrested in India but not convicted, planning to apply…

Customer Question
Hi , I was...

Hi , I was arrested in India but not convicted , planning to apply my L1 visa

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

But I am showing as "NO" in Arrest question, can US embassy have data of India arrest

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Same meesage which I wrote above

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/14/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 11 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Yes, it is possible that the US embassy can have date about this arrest. It is suggested that you always disclose all information or they can deny you based on fraud and misrepresentation.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY! It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions for you at no additional charge, if you have any.

Hopefully you feel you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best! The stars are very important. This is how I receive a credit from the website. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you.

If you have additional follow up questions that you would like to ask me, again please click Finish... and rate me and then ask me and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always welcomed and very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you writing the words "FOR JEN MARIE" in your new post.

Buut I am not convicted, My wife filed a dowary case and collect a good amount from me to settlemet and for divorce.
My Lawer in India said that there is no arrest record available in india. But If I say yes in arrest question, My visa will be rejected

That is up to you. I cannot tell you to lie. If you know that you have been arrested, then the correct answer is YES. If you feel that it was not an actual arrest, since it was not a criminal case, then you can answer no and take your chances that they do not have record of it.