Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Second opinion] Could you tell me what's going on with DACA.

Customer Question
Second opinion] Could you tell...
Second opinion] Could you tell me what's going on with DACA. Who will it affect and how?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/14/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 11 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am an Immigration Law attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 11 months ago

Sorry for the delay. I was away from the site momentarily.

Unfortunately under President Trump's new orders, the DACA program is being eliminated.

This means that no new applications are being accepted and approved, and those up for renewal will soon no longer be able to renew.

Unfortunately the program will soon be completely terminated.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 11 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!