Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

Got a question regarding filling up my DS 160 form. Filling…

Hi, Got a question...

Hi, Got a question regarding filling up my DS 160 form

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Filling it up now

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, Would like to discuss about my situartion with a lawye

9/14/2017
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

What would you like to know about the DS-160? What visa are you applying for?

Hello Guillermo,
I am currently residing in the united states amd i hold a h-1b visa , I came to the US as a student on F-1 visa .After finishin my masters i got a job and changed ny visa status to h1b now i am planning to visit my home country and for my re entry i would need visa stamping for which i am schdduled for on 9/21.That said , I was charged with section 2307.24A Solicit prositution on 04/12/2016 i hired a lawyer and the lawyer succesfully expunged my case by NOT pleading me guilty.Now i have 3 questions regarding this :
1. In the visa interview that i am about to attend on 9/21 ,what /how should i be describing this incident to the visa officer ?
2. what documents should i carry to tbe visa interview , If i may be asked about the case?
FYI-I do have a letter from the court which says the applicant was pleaded not guilty.
3.When filing the DS160 i see a question that reads " have you been engaged in prostitution or procuring prostitutea within the past 10 years" should i be saying yes for the question, if yes what should i be describing in that section ?Thabk you and hoping for a quick response.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

You should have come here before you expunged the case. Now the situation is a little harder.

1) You tell the truth but without admitting the essential elements of the crime. You disclose that you were arrested but were not convicted.

2) You are supposed to take certified copies of the police report and court disposition. If you cannot get them because the case has been expunged, then you will need something certified by the court that says that the records do not exist.

3) Because you were not convicted, you should be able to answer no, but you must disclose that you were arrested. If you received a withhold of adjudication, that is still a conviction for immigration purposes.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.

Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.