Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Judith, My fiancé received her visa from the GZ consulate in…

Hello Judith,My fiancé received her...
Hello Judith,My fiancé received her visa from the GZ consulate in China. (!). We'll be traveling together from China to the US. Next in the next two weeks. San Francisco is the most convenient airport, but we've heard rumors they are sometimes picky on fiancé visa entrants. I realize the probability of an issue is small, but is there any major difference or less likelihood of a problem with either Los Angeles or Seattle? Thanks.
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/13/2017
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Welcome to JustAnswer! I have 34 years experience as an immigration attorney and I am here to help resolve your immigration issue. Tackling these issues can sometimes get confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone or document review, I am able to do that for an additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested.

There is really no ground for excluding your fiance entering on the K1 visa at any US port.

Since you and she are traveling together, enter at the most convenient airport to your final destination.

You will be process through the US citizen line and she will go through the long line for nonimmigrants. She will be sent back to secondary inspection where they will open her visa packet. She should just be sure to ask for her copy of the medical exam results as they sometimes forget to give it to the fiance. She will need it for the US civil surgeon for her adjustment of status.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. I appreciate this opportunity to help you. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating. If you are very satisfied with my answer please take a moment to click on the 5 stars at the top of the page. The question thread remains open and you can ask follow-up questions.

Judith

Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer