Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I am a Canadian citizen. I do not have a work visa here in

Customer Question

Hello! I am a Canadian citizen. I do not have a work visa here in the States. I have legal and physical custody of my child. I absolutely need to move back to Canada. Is this going to be a challenge?
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: Official status...I am over stayed my 6 month allowance.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: a few One says it should be very easy to leave since I have no chance of creating a life here. Another says it may be difficult. I do not understand why it would be difficult if I have physical and legal custody and can not stay in this country.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am not sure what else is relevant
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Leena Kamat replied 1 month ago.

Hi there! I'm trying to understand why it might be difficult for you to leave -- is your child a US citizen?