Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Friend from Vietnam. He is 38. He came to America at age 10…

Customer Question
This is for my...

This is for my friend from Vietnam. He is 38. He came to America at age 10 with his parents. He wants to become a citizen but has had a prison record when he was younger. What should he do and can he become a citizen? After all he came as a child.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, I have not.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/12/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. What kind of visa did he come on? Does he currently have a greencard? How long ago was the conviction and when did he get out of jail?

Ely, Counselor at Law