Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I am a f1 student applie dfor opt ead card, i have a

Customer Question

hi mam
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: i am a f1 student applie dfor opt ead card
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: i have a question ?want to conform and then talk to lawyer about it
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: my start date of opt is on july 3 and i have submitted my i765 form on jun 28th and received my receipt no...till now it was about 80 days...as the rule of 90 days unemployment authorization should not exist 90 days...so if i get my card after those 90 days can i still satart working
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 month ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience.

During this conversation, you might experience some delays while I work with several customers at the same time, or I am preparing a response to you. Please do not click Opt Out expecting a faster response. This results in more delays while waiting for another Expert. I assure you I will help you in due time. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

I am really confused by your question.

What do you mean "as the rule about 90 days unemployment authorization should not exist 90 days"?