Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

I got my card in EB1C (multi nation manager) category on

Customer Question

I got my green card in EB1C (multi nation manager) category on 4/24/17 and my I-140 was approved on 1/24/17 ..i got new job offer as Senior Oracle DBA. I wanted to know if its ok to change this job or it can impact my citizenship prospect or my employer can revoke my green card
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Welcome to JustAnswer! I have 34 years experience as an immigration attorney and I am here to help resolve your immigration issue. Tackling these issues can sometimes get confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone or document review, I am able to do that for an additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested.

The average rule of thumb is to wait 6 months from the date of the actual adjustment of status, irrespective of the date of the I-140 approval.

The reasoning is that you need to have an intent to engage in permanent employment with the sponsor at the time the adjustment of status is approved.

The usual definition under immigration laws is that an employment period beyond 6 months is considered a permanent position.

You are about 6 weeks off and it would be prudent to negotiate your job offer to commence the new position on or after October 24, 2017.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. I appreciate this opportunity to help you. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating. If you are very satisfied with my answer please take a moment to click on the 5 stars at the top of the page. The question thread remains open and you can ask follow-up questions.

Judith

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am this employer from last 13 years ..will that help to cover the permanent job clause ..also my GC was filed as a Manager and new position is individual contributor as Senior Oracle DBAso is this also ok?

The USCIS does not look backwards. The petition is for future employment, not past. They job offer is prospective from the time the adjustment is approved.

I hope this helps you understand the USCIS policy and case law.

With regards ***** ***** the I-140, that needs to be done prior to your adjustment of status. You have already adjusted based on the I-140, not on porting under AC21.

Judith