Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Ms.Pearl,our family had already 10years multiple visa..we…

Customer Question
Hi Ms.Pearl,our family had...

Hi Ms.Pearl,our family had already 10years multiple visa..we had our vacation in US last summer for 2 and half months.We plan to send our son hopefully on 2019 in California to continue his studies there.My sister in law lives there.Our son is a basketball player.Can you help us what to do?What visa does he need?Thank you

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

None

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is that free? l

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/11/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your immigration law question today. This is attorney Bill, an experienced immigration lawyer, assisting you today.

To pursue a course of studies your son will need to enroll in a course and make a student visa application know as a F-1 visa application or under a J-1 visa application.

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/students-and-exchange-visitors/exchange-visitors

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/students-and-exchange-visitors/students-and-employment

Athletes can apply for a p-1 or o-1 visa.

If he were going to the US to play basketball competitively he would apply for a O-1A visa and his sponsor woulf file i-129 with immigration.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-129

We are here to help.

Please follow up with me if you require any further assistance.

In return remember to rate positively today.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

So I hope you rate FIVE STARS today.

This gives me a credit for my time and answer today and I rely on this positive feedback.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

He's into Grade 9 on 2019 if ever we will apply for student visa?Now he is Grade 7.We just want him to study there and train in basketball.He is not competing.He is just high school.We want him to study there and to live together with his cousins who also study there.What is the best procedure to do and be approved?

yes before your son goes to the US and applies at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate for an F visa, he must first apply to and be accepted by a SEVP approved school. You can also visit the DHS Study in the States school search page to search for SEVP-certified schools.

https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/school-search

After being accepted, he will be enrolled in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). The U.S. school will provides Form I-20 to present to the consular officer on applying for the student visa.

You can do the search from the above link to find a suitable school and once you've applied the designated school officer assists in the visa application.

So I hope you rate FIVE STARS today.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer