Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My H1 expires on monday and my LCA has not yet been approved…

Customer Question
My H1 expires on...

My H1 expires on monday and my LCA has not yet been approved for renewal

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

We applied LCA last week

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes, I wanted to take a second opinion

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I wanted to know what is my back up option

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/8/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 11 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

You have the 60 day grace period that you can make use of, but try to file as soon as you can. The grace period isn't guaranteed, but unless you plan on leaving the U.S. and getting a new visa to come back, you can try to use the 60 day grace period.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

can I file My H1 extension on Monday on 11 when my H1 expires?