Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I am trying to employ a DV1 candidate who has not yet

Customer Question
received his greencard in the...
I am trying to employ a DV1 candidate who has not yet received his greencard in the mail. What document can I accept in leui of the greencard until it arrives?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/8/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Welcome to JustAnswer! I have 34 years experience as an immigration attorney and I am here to help resolve your immigration issue. Tackling these issues can sometimes get confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone or document review, I am able to do that for an additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested.

There is o such visa status as a DV1 candidate.

Has the DV lottery winner applied for their adjustment of status and was that approved?

They may have had their lottery selected but that does not mean they have yet qualified to apply for their green card. They have a number assigned to their selection letter and they have to wait until their number is ***** to file for their adjustment of status.

So this is a process. I need to know where they are in the process.

Judith

Ely, Counselor at Law