Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My I 140 for unskilled worker got filed in premium and

Customer Question
My I 140 for...

My I 140 for unskilled worker got filed in premium and approved. Today I received a mail saying USCIS reopened the case. What does that mean?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

I filed supporting documents along with I 140. I have not filed I 485 yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes he thinks this is unusual

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/8/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Welcome to JustAnswer! I have 34 years experience as an immigration attorney and I am here to help resolve your immigration issue. Tackling these issues can sometimes get confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone or document review, I am able to do that for an additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested.

I agree with your lawyer that this is unusual. You will have to simply wait and see if a notice is sent out within the next 30 days.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. I appreciate this opportunity to help you. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating. If you are very satisfied with my answer please take a moment to click on the 5 stars at the top of the page. The question thread remains open and you can ask follow-up questions.

Judith

Thanks for your answer and I understand at this point I just have to wait and what happens in the next 30 days,,,,

Yes, it is unfortunately a stressful wait because you don't know what has triggered this latest action. You cannot get any answer faster than 30 days and generally they won't respond to an attorney request for information until they make a final determination.

You will have an opportunity to respond to any Notice of Intent to Deny through the USCIS re-opening the case if that is what they decide to do.

Thank you in advance for a positive rating.

Judith