Leena Kamat
Leena Kamat,
Experience:  Managing Attorney at Kamat Law Corporation
97756007

Im a canadian citizen. If I get turned away at customs at

Customer Question

Im a canadian citizen. If I get turned away at customs at the airport, can I simply go to another border location?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
will a border guard give me problems about a bunch of previous attempts at another location?
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Welcome to JustAnswer! I have 34 years experience as an immigration attorney and I am here to help resolve your immigration issue. Tackling these issues can sometimes get confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone or document review, I am able to do that for an additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested.

You can expect to be turned away at any border checkpoint where your passport is scanned. There will be flags on you and you will be denied entry for the same reason the other location turned you away.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. I appreciate this opportunity to help you. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating. If you are very satisfied with my answer please take a moment to click on the 5 stars at the top of the page. The question thread remains open and you can ask follow-up questions.

Judith

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What if they denied entry at the airport and didnt even look at the documents, would another location do that?

I don't know what documents you are referring to and what type of status you are trying to enter as.

You can request a review of your application for entry by a supervisor and they will look at what you want to show them. That does not mean they will make a different decision.

Judith

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
oh ok
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what if they dont even review your documents and they turn you away?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
would that only be done in a location where they got to know me?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
like i kept going back
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
would another location be like "we'll review your application no matter what"?
Expert:  Leena Kamat replied 1 month ago.

You could try your luck at another border location. If one turned you away, that doesn't mean that another will for sure. Each officer would exercise independent judgment about the matter. If there has ever been a reason provided for why someone turned you away or didn't want to review your documents, then you could try to do something different the next time, like be prepared with better explanations for your visit.

Just checking if you need any clarifications - otherwise please provide a positive rating so I can receive credit for assisting you.