Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I'm trying to get an id, and i have lost every form of ids.

Customer Question

I'm trying to get an id, and i have lost every form of ids. I am a naturalized citizen but that take up to 6 months. How do i get an id asap?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Leena Kamat replied 1 month ago.

Hi, which state do you live in? It may be fastest to visit the local DMV and see if you can get a state ID. Do you have a social security card or anything else with proof of your identity, even if not with a photo?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have nothing.

I would suggest that you go to your state DMV and see if they can accept an affidavit and/or fingerprints to issue you a new ID.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nothing. Florida
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Do you have anything that can prove that you are a U.S. Citizen? Do you have anything to prove who you are where USCIS can look you up to verify your identity?

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 26 days ago.

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.