Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I'm trying to get an id, and i have lost every form of ids.

Customer Question
I'm trying to get...

I'm trying to get an id, and i have lost every form of ids. I am a naturalized citizen but that take up to 6 months. How do i get an id asap?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not really.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/7/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Leena Kamat,
 replied 8 months ago
Leena Kamat

Hi, which state do you live in? It may be fastest to visit the local DMV and see if you can get a state ID. Do you have a social security card or anything else with proof of your identity, even if not with a photo?

I have nothing.
Immigration Lawyer: Leena Kamat,
 replied 8 months ago

I would suggest that you go to your state DMV and see if they can accept an affidavit and/or fingerprints to issue you a new ID.

Nothing. Florida
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 8 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Do you have anything that can prove that you are a U.S. Citizen? Do you have anything to prove who you are where USCIS can look you up to verify your identity?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.