How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 29017
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Thank you for joining one qq I am currently on H1B with mu

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Thank you for joining one qq I am currently on H1B with mu 140 Approved with a priority date of april 2009 in EB2 thinking to change my immigration status to H4 with my husband visa
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: i dont what will happen to my GC application if i change my status from H1 to H4 is there a way can i file 485 once it is current with H4
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no whom do i need to talk
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats all i need
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer! I have 34 years experience as an immigration attorney and I am here to help resolve your immigration issue. Tackling these issues can sometimes get confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone or document review, I am able to do that for an additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested.

As long as you have a job offer i the same of similar occupational classification when your EB2 priority date becomes current you can adjust status based on your approved I-140.

If your employer revokes the I-140 you can retain the priority date but you cannot keep the petition alive. Your new employer would have to file a new PERM and I-140 for you and you would be able to maintain your 2009 priority date.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. I appreciate this opportunity to help you. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating. If you are very satisfied with my answer please take a moment to click on the 5 stars at the top of the page. The question thread remains open and you can ask follow-up questions.