Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My question is. i need to renew my perminet recidency card…

Customer Question
My question is...

My question is . i need to renew my perminet recidency card that has expired, but i have a 1 first time case for dwi, which will most likely end up with only a misdemeanor. can i renew my recidency card wihtout any fear?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

New york

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I consulted with somebody else and they told me that there should be no problem at all

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/7/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

ok thank you

Welcome to JustAnswer! I have 34 years experience as an immigration attorney and I am here to help resolve your immigration issue. Tackling these issues can sometimes get confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone or document review, I am able to do that for an additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested.

You will not be removed from the US for a misdemeanor DUI. Even if it is not reduced, as long as there was no serious bodily harm you will not be put into proceedings to be removed.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. I appreciate this opportunity to help you. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating. If you are very satisfied with my answer please take a moment to click on the 5 stars at the top of the page. The question thread remains open and you can ask follow-up questions.

Judith

why are you charging me 42 dollars?
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer