How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 29021
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is an expired immigration card a violation if the person

Customer Question

hello is an expired immigration card a violation if the person decides not to validate their green card?
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: The person never have?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No! im going through a Divorce with my ex-wife for Domestic Violence against me, so she has countered a Restraining order on me when i Filed papers against her.. So i know for a Fact that her Green card has been Expired for my Question is to find out that after i serve her divorce papers will her Green card make a difference if she fails to complete her Documents?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just wanting to know if your Documents have been expired how long do you have before its too late?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
once you find out can that person get in trouble?
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer! I have 34 years experience as an immigration attorney and I am here to help resolve your immigration issue. Tackling these issues can sometimes get confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone or document review, I am able to do that for an additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested.

If she decides to file the I-751 based on being an abused spouse there is not time limit for her to file on that basis. She can file after her card has expired.

That is probably why she sought a restraining order on you, to use that abused spouse excuse for her 10 year card.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. I appreciate this opportunity to help you. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating. If you are very satisfied with my answer please take a moment to click on the 5 stars at the top of the page. The question thread remains open and you can ask follow-up questions.