Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Managing Attorney at a Law Firm
93473422

I have a quick question, yes so I have a TN visa that is

Customer Question

hi I have a quick question
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: yes so I have a TN visa that is valid for 3 years last April I was awarded with an H1B
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: but since I travelled out of states before, the Change of Status was abandoned, meaning I will have to go through consular notify I need to travel again next month, my question is can I travel under my TN visa and then go through the consular notify for H1B later?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope when can he contact me?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Good morning, I am an Immigration Law attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Are you a Canadian citizen?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Okay, in that case you should plan on carrying a letter from your employer with you when you travel, and requesting a new TN at your port of entry when you return.

Your TN visa may no longer be valid since you petitioned for the H1B. If so, you'll be able to obtain a new one based on the information I've just shared.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!