Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I was granted Asylum on March 19, 2013 but my green card was…

Customer Question
I was granted Asylum...

I was granted Asylum on March 19, 2013 but my green card was issued on oct 27, 2013 which means 7 months and 8 days later so based on the rollback time for asylees when exactly can I apply for naturalization includind the 90 day before the 5 years? thank you

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/5/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 11 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

What does your green card say on it as the date of LPR status as to when it was granted? It's supposed to already be rolled back on the card.