Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

If im a derivative asylee and applied for green card but the

princpal asyle havent applied for...
If im a derivative asylee and applied for green card but the princpal asyle havent applied for green card yet wil i get my green card
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: Yes
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No nothng else
9/4/2017
Leena Kamat

As long as you still have the qualifying relationship with the principal asylee and the principal asylee's asylum status has not been terminated, you would be eligible to adjust status. More here: https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/Print/PolicyManual-Volume7-PartM-Chapter2.html

Please provide a positive rating so I can receive credit for assisting you!

If im a derivative asyle and pricipal asyle apllied for his green card aftr 2momts and uscis sends a letter saying request for more evidence to pricipal asyle.wil it affect my green card processing time?wil i get t green card ?

You can qualify for the green card even if the principal asylee does not receive his/her green card first. As long as the principal asylee still meets the definition of an asylee and you still have the qualifying relationship, yours will be looked at independently.

Please provide a positive rating so I can receive credit for assisting you - thanks!

Leena Kamat
Leena Kamat
Leena Kamat
Leena Kamat