Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am a new green card immigrant. I worked 3 days for a

Customer Question
I am a new...

I am a new green card immigrant. I worked 3 days for a painting job but had to quit because of the commute and unpredictable schedules. They owe me $309 but will not pay me. I have been there 6 times and they just give me a runaround. What can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

No, about this?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not ready yet. I am the wife and when my husband is ready, we will proceed. Thank you.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/3/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer
Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience.During this conversation, you might experience some delays while I work with several customers at the same time, or I am preparing a response to you. Please do not click Opt Out expecting a faster response. This results in more delays while waiting for another Expert. I assure you I will help you in due time. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
Do you have any documents that explain how you were supposed to be paid? If so, what did it say?