Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I was on F1 visa from 2005 to 2008. But had a very

Customer Question
unfortunate traumatic experience ( I...
I was on F1 visa from 2005 to 2008. But had a very unfortunate traumatic experience ( I was robbed and assaulted at gun point due to which I had to go through a rehab program for PTSD. During this rehab at my school, my department dint inform the international center or DSO that I am undergoingrehab and I dint enroll for coursework. Due to this commuication gap, the DSO terminated my F1 visa and fell out of status. later after listening to my plight the DSO advised me to apply for a reinstatement of my F1 to USCIS. While the case was pending with USCIS, I was stopped by a border petrol agent at greyhound bus terminal and after checking that I dont have a legal status I was detained and was asked to appear before immigration judge. I petitioned for a voluntary departure motion and was granted the same by the immgration judge. I left the US as per the guidelines stated in the voluntary departure, reported to US counselate in India and completed the formal proceeding of voluntary departure. Now When I Asked the case officer at the US counselate in Chennai, I had been told that There is no ban or bar on me to reenter US. I have the below questions based on the above pretext.
1. What are my chances of success if I apply for a h1B or F1. is there any other way I can enter US other than the "applying as spouse visa to an american citizen or GC holder" as I read on many immigration forums.
2. my wife has finished her masters in US from U Conn. and is on opt working for an e- verified company since August 2017.Me and my 3 year old kid are planning to apply for F 2 VISA.what exactly to put in the online DSO APPLication to keep it precise to the visa officer3. I work for a French company in India and we have permanent work from home policy. I am aware that I am not supposed to work while on f2 but can I work from us to a company in India when the company is running my payroll in India?4. how to make a clear convincing statement to the visa officer during the interview that I am going to come back to India after my wife has 2 years of US work experience.
5. lastly, I didn't resign for my job here in India yet, is it advisable to show the resignation document to the VO OR I can say some other reason something like i am waiting for my project to complete or may be some thing else which u may suggest?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/1/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience.

During this conversation, you might experience some delays while I work with several customers at the same time, or I am preparing a response to you. Please do not click Opt Out expecting a faster response. This results in more delays while waiting for another Expert. I assure you I will help you in due time. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

As to your second question, I don't know what you mean here. What specifically, does the question ask?

Hi James thanks for the responseThe Q 2 , I meant like this..I have to write about my detention and VD IN my f2 online application ie form DS 160 . I need a concise bullet points to sound convincing when the VO reads the same
Ely, Counselor at Law