Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

Can i travel domestically by air if my i-94 and visa are…

Hi, can i travel...

Hi, can i travel domestically by air if my i-94 and visa are expired?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

I am out of status no pending aplications

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes. i m getting married in december but have to fly now to another state

8/22/2017
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

If you have an expired I-94 and nothing pending with immigration, you are deportable from the U.S., but unless you have committed some crime, you would not be a priority for deportation. That being said, while there is no guarantee of safety, domestic air travel is the safest way for a person out of status to travel. TSA will just look to match the boarding pass with a picture ID. So if you use a passport or drivers license, you should be ok without them caring about legal status.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.

Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.