How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert James Your Own Question
Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 12304
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Expert James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Just for I am a us citizen, and me and my husband are

This answer was rated:

Just for James
hi, I am a us citizen , and me and my husband are getting ready to send of the forms to adjust him and my stepdaughter status from B2 to Green Card , should we send all the forms together ? ( I-130 , I-130A , I-485, and I-765 ) , or they should be sent in a specific order?

Thanks for requesting my assistance. Your answer is below. When you get your answers, you will be asked to give a rating - 4 or 5 stars are requested. This is important because this is how I credit for doing my job. Don't worry, you can still ask related follow-up questions even after you've given a rating. Thank you!

ANSWER: There is no specific order in which they must be filed. I would separate the packets for each of them, though. And remember, each requires his/her own I-130/I-485/fees. (Only he requires the I-130A supplementing his I-130).

I hope that answers your questions. Please remember to give me credit for doing my job by clicking on 4 or 5 stars at the top of your screen.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.

If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.

And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!

Expert James and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you