Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I am travelling to the USA on vacation in under 12days for

Hi there I am travelling...
Hi there I am travelling to the USA on vacation in under 12days for my birthday to see my husband. I already have my CR1 interview scheduled back here in London for mid-September. I have a valid VWP/ESTA, and last time I travelled I said I was visiting family, which is true as my husband is. Do I state the same again, or say visiting for my birthday? I have to return back to the UK anyway.
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?
Customer: This is all done. I have my Interview for 12Sep at the US embassy in London
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer?
Customer: No I have not
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I believe that's it. I just need to find out regarding CBP as my husband is family but just unsure whether to mention about my CR1 etc
8/12/2017
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Ok thank you Jen
Still there Jen Marie?

Yes, I am. SO sorry, my internet was having issues

Haha! Don't worry, I think I was too! Ours just keeps buffering and it's really annoying ��

Oh gosh yes. It is very annoying! Sorry again for the delay. Your answer is below:

If you stated a family visit last time as your reason, and it was fine then yes, you can state the same reason again as that is still the truth. If they ask you specifically about your husband, of course you should be honest about him living in the US.

If they give you any issues about whether you have intentions to stay, you can explain that you couldn't stay even if you wanted to and provide them with the reasons why.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY! It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I will continue to answer your follow up questions for you at no additional charge. if you have any.

Hopefully you feel you can rate me 3 stars or more. Of course, 5 stars rating is the best! The stars are very important. This is how I receive a credit from what you paid the website. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you.

Again, if you have additional follow up questions that you would like to ask me, please Finish... and rate me and then ask me and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always welcomed and very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you writing the words "FOR JEN MARIE" in your new post. :)

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Perfect!!! Thank you so very much Jen Marie! You have been awesome!!
Just one other question I have too. As mentioned, I do have my CR1 interview scheduled back here in London on 12Sep, I'm kinda nervous but I've got all my documents, have scheduled my medical examination, got my vaccinations up to date too. Is there any advice you can give me that will help me through it? I'm doing my preparations so nearly sorted!! :)

Sure--be sure that you have updated bonafides/documents proving it's a genuine marriage. Even if the I-130 is approved, it's always a good idea to bring additional documents just to show that the relationship is still bonafide. Besides that, there shouldn't be any big issues as long as you have your medical exam done and have never overstayed in the US. Sounds like you have not so it should be fine. Hope this was helpful. Best of luck!!

Thanks Jen Marie. I have my photos, like loads! Just a couple of other things I need and then I'm sorted. Great, thank you so much for your help answering my questions :)
Much appreciatedNatalie

You're very welcome!!

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney