Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

If upon interviewing for a visa at the consulate the officer…

Customer Question
If upon interviewing for a...
If upon interviewing for a visa at the consulate the officer is giving me information I know is incorrect about the legal processing for my case, what can I do? (Ex. I am applying for an o-1 NON IMMIGRANT visa and need a pardon. They told me to pay and apply form 601 and sent me away. However 601 does not apply for my case!)
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
8/9/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 11 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

You gently but firmly explain that the I-601 is for an immigrant visa and you are applying for a non-immigrant visa. If they still refuse, ask to speak to a supervisor.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.