Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I need an immigration attorney, I hired an immigration

I need an immigration attorney JA...
I need an immigration attorney
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: I hired an immigration lawyer but he sends me things I do not understand. I need to find a new lawyer one that will talk to me
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I hired an immigration lawyer but he will not talk to me
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need a lawyer to take care of this!
8/9/2017
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

What is your case about? What questions do you have?

I have talked to you before and I hired an immigration attorney. I have questions about my background

Ok. What do you need to know?

I am trying to call you but it will not let me!

It is an extra fee for a phone call. Would you like me to send you that offer?

I am trying to call you I have not worked less than 60 hours since the middle of May I have immigration problems I don't know what more I can do? Your website will not accept my phone number!

It's probably because you are calling the San Francisco system and that won't get you through to anyone.

We can continue here without additional charge. What would you like to know?

How fussy is the USCIS about passport type photos for the I-129F?
Do they have to have a white background? Do they have to be within 30 days? Can I wear glasses in mine?

They are very picky. They have to be on a white or off-white background and have to be within 6 months. As of November of last year, eyeglasses are no longer allowed. Here is an official link:

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/photos.html

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
I have the most important question. Because of my past DUIs can immigration stop me from being with this woman? I am not this man anymore! I know she has to be notified and I have done this. Can they stop me from this? I need peace of mind

You may have to prove that you do not have issues with alcohol anymore. You may have to go get medical and/or psychological reports that support this.

When I send my petition?

No. If it is a concern, they will send you a Request For Evidence (RFE).

I have prepared all of my court documents

Ok.

Can they stop me or is this her decision?

If they determine that you are a danger to your fiancée/spouse, yes, they can deny the petition.

my past will haunt me?

You will have an opportunity to prove that you are not a danger.

what do I do? Can I hire you can you make this happen?

I don't do those cases anymore. The last one I did, the client did not listen to my advice, didn't do anything that I explained that they needed to do and I stupidly allowed them to split my fee and they were denied and now they won't pay the $1000 they still owe when it was not my fault. Not saying you will do this, but I would rather focus on certain types of cases that I am happy to process and don't give me a headache. You can go to www.ailalawyer.com to look for someone locally.

I understand can they deny me? I am a changed man.
Do they have the legal right to do so?

Yes, because you do not have a "right" to bring anyone to the U.S. You have a discretionary benefit to do so.

because I am a changed man that will haunt me forever? I am so in love with this woman!

You've already asked that and made that comment and I have already responded to it.

The International marriage Brokers Act is only to inform. The Adam Walsh Act puts me out of the water! What say you?

I've already responded to this. IF they feel it is a concern, they will issue you an RFE and you will have 80 something days to prove you are a changed man.

How do I do this? They do not know me from Adam.

As I keep saying, they will send an RFE and you will have a chance to let them know who you are. Good luck.

I hired an immigration lawyer and he told me that is only so she can be informed. Who can I trust?

Do your own research. It isn't just to inform. They deny petitions all the time for this.

My own research? How do I prove to them I am a good man?

My friend, you have already asked this and I have answered it. Primarily you provide medical and/or psychological reports that will state that you do not have a problem with alcohol abuse. You can also provide witness statements, but those aren't near as good. A combination of both is good.

Do I send them with my petition?

You asked that as well. I said no, that you wait to see if they issue an RFE. Listen, I don't mind answering a few follow-up questions, but all within reason plus now you are asking questions that I have already answered for you. I know you are frustrated and scared, but just review everything I have written.

Okay I'm very frustrated my past is not my future she is my future! I am sorry I am a good man. This has been going on for months or wait maybe over a year! I will rate you that is all you care about!

You have already rated me, and only 4 stars out of 5. And that's not all I care about, but I do also have to get to other customers as well that also need help. It's not that you are not important to me, but you keep asking the same questions over and over again. I hope you understand. Sorry about that.

Oh my God only 4 out of 5? You have no conscious!
Later

That's unfair of you to say. I have helped you out quite a lot. I'm sorry you feel that way.

Probably you seem like a good man. A proud man. But what you tell me and what my immigration lawyer tells me or two different things! I just wanted confirmation

Well, as an attorney that is not interested in taking your case (not because of you, but because of what I already explained), wouldn't it make more sense that I would tell you the unadulterated truth since I have no interest as opposed to someone that wants to represent you and may downplay certain things? Just an observation. Also, different attorneys have different levels of experience and knowledge. I explained that the last case that I did similar to yours, they denied it. So if you believe me, then you understand that USCIS doesn't just do this process to warn the foreigner and will approve if the foreigner is ok with it. My client's spouse was and is still in a relationship with my client for more than 5 years, they live together, they wanted to go forward, and immigration didn't care. I just want you to be aware. I will tell you that my client had something VERY bad in their background. Only one incident, and it was a sting operation, but it was bad, and it was 20+ years ago, no other issues since. It was bad enough that immigration denied. A few simple DUIs from a long time ago should not be difficult to overcome and get an approval. So I hope that helps to reassure you.

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.