Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

Just so if I go to my country consulate and get a passport

Customer Question
Just a follow up so...
Just a follow up so if I go to my country consulate and get a passport issued to me then in your opinion would that be the safest way to travel and worth the risk for a trip to NYC?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/8/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 3 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Are you currently undocumented/illegal in the US?

If you do not have a valid passport already, then yes you should go to your country's consulate/embassy to get a passport issued. Once you have that, you can use it to travel within the US and you should not have an issue traveling. Many tourists travel within the US with a passport instead of an ID so it is common to see people traveling with just their passport.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly now click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. Do not worry, the question will NOT actually finish and we will NOT be done even after you click and rate me. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I will continue to answer your follow up questions for you at no additional charge.

Hopefully you feel you can rate me 3 stars or more. Of course, 5 stars rating is the best! The stars are very important. This is how I receive a credit from what you paid the website. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you.

Again, if you have additional follow up questions that you would like to ask me, please Finish... and rate me and then ask me and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always welcomed and very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you writing the words "FOR JEN MARIE" in your new post. :)

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney