Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

Second opinion] I am working currently in USA on H4- EAD. My…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I am...

Second opinion] I am working currently in USA on H4- EAD. My husband H1B visa was rejected at the consulate office overseas and his employer revoked his H1B application. My employer is willing to renew my previous H1B. Will I have to leave the country in order to maintain my status or Can I continue working with my employer while H1B application is in process?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

H4 EAD

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My I-94 is valid till December 2019. I want to know if I continue working without any issues if my employer files a new H1B which is tax exempt for me or do I Have to wait for an approval which might take several months

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/6/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

I believe you will have to leave the U.S. to get into H-1B status because the 60 day grace period would not apply to you being on H-4.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.