KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
92128996

I am a us citizen married to a filipna can she get a tourist

Customer Question

I am a us citizen married to a filipna can she get a tourist vias while we work on her immigration packet.
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: no
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no....we were married last year while we were working in Korea
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i don't think so
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon.

Expert:  KJL LAW replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site, the answers are for general information. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

There is no legal restriction against applying for and obtaining a visitor’s visa. She may apply for the visitor (B1/B2) visa. When applying for your B1/B2 visa, it’s important for her to establish that she plans to stay for only a temporary period of time; has binding ties to the Philippines, and can afford to pay for her expenses during her U.S. trip.

By presenting as much evidence as possible, she can successfully obtain a visitor visa despite having a pending I-130 petition.

So yes, it is possible, but sometimes difficult.

Remember ,she must make sure to disclose the visa petition that is pending, prepare to prove that she has significant reasons to return after her trip, such as a job, family, and property. She will have the burden of proving that she does not have immigrant intent.

I hope this helps and clarifies.

It was a pleasure assisting you today, and I would appreciate if you would rate my service, so I will receive credit and payment for my work. After you rate the question you can ask follow up questions, and you will not be charged any additional money for the follow-up questions.

Expert:  KJL LAW replied 2 months ago.
If you have any other questions please just ask