Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have had two trips this year on an esta one for 85 days…

Customer Question
I have had two trips...
I have had two trips this year on an esta one for 85 days and another 88 days. I want to return in December will I be allowed?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
8/6/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank you for posting your immigration law question today. The ESTA is valid for multiple trips within a two year period. There is no limitation on the number of trips that be can taken o the one ESTA.

SO long as you haven't got an immigrant intent and have a travel itinerary including exit tickets you shouldn't encounter any difficulty.

Customs and Border Control officers do have a discretion to refuse admission where they believe that you are using the ESTA to establish a permanent residence in the US; and thus violating the visa waiver program.

You should have documentation on hand to rebut any presumption the border control could come to and hene deny your entrance.

Please follow up with me when needed.

We are here to help.

In return remember to rate positively.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better

SO I hope you rate FIVE STARS today before exiting.

Best

Attorney Bill

Thank you I did read about a 180 day per year ruling is this true?? I got secondary interviewed the second time but think that primarily was due to the fact I was only back in the Uk for 5 weeks yet this time it would be 4.5 months. Just don't want to be turned away?? If they turn me away do they take my esta away too??

There is no set time between 90 day visits; the main thing is that you convince the CBP officer that you aren't living in the US, so some time out of the US is how this is established.

We are here to help.

In return remember to rate positively.

Best

Attorney Bill