Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Does Mauritius citizen need H1b to work in the US?

Customer Question
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
8/5/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

I have 37 years experience as an immigration attorney.

YES. citizens of the Mauritius do need to obtain a work visa for the US. If it is an H1B for a professional worker the employer must file a petition. Currently there are no H1B visa available until next October 2018.

If my answer was helpful, please take a moment to click on the 5 stars to rate it and release payment to me.

If you have a follow-up question to clarify my answer, please post here.

Judith

Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer