Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

My boyfriend was arrested about 5 days ago. He was about to

Customer Question

Hi , my boyfriend was arrested about 5 days ago. He was about to be released after 3 days and was detained. Can i marry him so he wont get deported ? or what can i do anything other than hiring a lawyer
JA: What were the charges? Did this lead to a guilty plea or conviction?
Customer: He was stopped right before going to work , he was borrowing a friends car , expired stickers , but his charges were " false ID to p.o / false information"
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer?
Customer: No i havent yet , ive been researching first to see what are some options and what i should be aware of. Not sure which lawyer would be good. Because there is many laywers out there but not sure who to fo to
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Go*
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon, I am a Criminal Defense and Immigration law attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, and we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship. I've reviewed your question, please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

What was his current immigration status? ..Did he have an expired visa? And do you know how long he has been in the country without legal status?

The answers to these questions will help me get you the information you need. I'll wait to hear back, thanks!

Hi, just checking in to see if you'd still like help getting your questions answered?

It's free of charge to respond to any questions I may ask you, think of this more as a back and forth conversation.

Let me know if you'd still like my assistance, I'm here to help, thanks!