Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

Judith, Thanks for help with my last question. I do

Customer Question
Hi Judith,Thanks for help with...
Hi Judith,Thanks for help with my last question. I do have follow up question.
Please also let me know how much it costs to your answers.My daughter, Shanti got GC in 2010. She went back to India with her mother due to grand mother health issues for 2 years with reentry permit. She studied 9 and 10 grades in India. She entered US in 2013, studied 11 and 12 grades in USA. She got college admission in one of top 10 colleges in India. She studied 2 years. But she could not get minimum credits to get promoted to 3rd year. Due to that, she has to stay back one year, clear/pass all subjects to get promoted to 3rd year. She came to US yesterday to stay with me this year.I would like to apply for N400 during her stay. She has to attend makeup exams in November though. I put all this info in chronological order with comments.I need advice my course of action to get her citizenship. I understand the risks of getting denied due to her long trips to outside USA. But I still want to give a try once. If it gets denied, she will apply for reentry permit to finish her college.Thanks
Srini Rayudu.
(F/o Shanti Rayudu)
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
8/5/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Hi again and thanks for coming back. You can always leave a tip and it is deeply appreciated.

I will have to carefully analyze your attachment. All that counts is the time up to date of filing. The time after filing does not count one way or the other towards the N-400 physical presence requirements. I will print it off and study it.

I will be back with you later. It is weekend and I am with family.

Judith

I'm sorry, I really don't understand your excel.

Please just delete the explanations as only the re-entry permit notation is relevant.

I just need dates of entry and departure and total days in the us for that period.

I am happy to opt out and let another expert have a go with this as is, just let me know.

Judith

Thanks for looking into it. I will go with another expert.

I see no other expert wanted to tackle this. If you change your mind and want to simplify the Arrival/departure dates and number of days for me. I am still willing to help you.

OK. Here is the file with trips only.
When can she apply for N400 ?
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer