Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have a work permit from San Salvador currently. It expires…

Customer Question
I have a work...

I have a work permit from San Salvador currently. It expires in 2018. Am I in jeopardy of being sent back to San Salvador, or is there something I can do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
8/4/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 11 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

When you say work permit from San Salvador, do you mean that you had TPS, Temporary protected status?

I got TPS
Can I make appointment or what is easy for you guys

An appointment for what? I can answer you here in this box.

Unfortunately right now, we still do not know if they will extend the TPS status for people from El Salvador or not. We will all have to wait for the next few months to see what the President decides. They must decide by 60 days prior to the expiration of current TPS.

I'm so sorry I wish I had better news or that I could change the law but all I can do is tell you the current situation.

I hope they will make the right decision and extend it.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly now click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. Do not worry, the question will NOT actually finish and we will NOT be done even after you click and rate me. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I will continue to answer your follow up questions for you at no additional charge.

Hopefully you feel you can rate me 3 stars or more. Of course, 5 stars rating is the best! The stars are very important. This is how I receive a credit from what you paid the website. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you.

Again, if you have additional follow up questions that you would like to ask me, please Finish... and rate me and then ask me and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always welcomed and very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you writing the words "FOR JEN MARIE" in your new post. :)

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer a few days ago, but you did not ask any follow ups or leave me any feed back.

Please let me know how else I can help and please kindly keep in mind that we experts do not receive a salary from this website. We only receive credit when you leave a good rating for us with the stars ★★★★★. Thank you for your consideration of our work and time here.