Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

Could you advise about deportation pendings. Not yet. I have

Customer Question
Could you advise about deportation...
Could you advise about deportation pendings
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?
Customer: No.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have been in US as a green card holder through Refugee status for 2 years. And then when I got married with a Canadian women that stayed out side of US for 3 years. When I want to come back US a few days ago and retain my Green card and give me I-94 and let me go in. I will have to see the judge for final decision some time in the future. My status is deportation proceed pending.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
8/4/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience.

During this conversation, you may receive an automatic phone call offer. Feel free to accept it if you would like to talk on the phone. Otherwise, we can continue here.

Also, if you are waiting for a while for my response, please do not click Opt Out or close the question. This will only result in further delays while you wait for another Expert. I assure you I will help you in due time. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Please give me some time to consider your question.

I'm confused. Did you stay outside the US for 3 years after getting the green card? Or your wife?

Why are you in deportation proceedings? Did you commit a crime?

In what status were you let into the US? What does the I-94 say?

Ely, Counselor at Law