Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

Can a class c 11 parolee, paroled in the public interest,

Customer Question

Can a class c 11 parolee, paroled in the public interest, apply for adjustment of status similar to Cuban parolees? He was paroled as a minor form El Salvador in 2016.
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: He has renewed is I 765
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO just wandering if he apply for an I-485
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry about the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

What would be the basis of the Adjustment of Status?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am just wondering if he will be eligible to adjust status. He was paroled in to the United States in December 2016. He is paroled for two years. What is his next step? Can he at some point adjust his status? Or will he have to leave the United States after his parole is finished?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am curious what the process is for those paroled as c(11) , paroled in the public interest.

Why was he paroled in to the U.S.? What is the public interest? Did he have a credible fear interview and pass?