Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I would like some advice regarding F-1 visa. My girlfriend…

Customer Question
I would like some...

I would like some advice regarding F-1 visa.

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

My girlfriend applied for for university program in US and she was admitted. She has a visa inyerview at the Lithuanian US embassy. I'm sposnoring half of the educations costs. However, as I understand its not prudent to mention that she has a boyfriend in US as it could lead to visa denial?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I live in US and she lives in Lithuania.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

From what i have read on forums, she needs to show what my relationship is to her and why i'm providing the funds

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
8/4/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience.

During this conversation, you may receive an automatic phone call offer. I do not send that offer, the system does. Feel free to accept it if you would like to talk on the phone. Otherwise, we can continue here.

Also, if you are waiting for a while for my response, it is because we are very busy or I am preparing a response to your question. I promise that I will be here to help you. So please do not click Opt Out and do not close the question. This will only result in further delays while you wait for another Expert. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Please give me some time to consider your question.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HI