Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have few questions. No yet. Consultant fees?

Customer Question
I have few questions ...

I have few questions

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Consultant fees ?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
We filed following forms along with appropriate fees for my Mom in end of June 2017;
1 - Form I-360 (Widow of US Citizen), we received receipt from USCIS for payment only.
Any idea how long it will take?2 - Form I-485 (Adjust status), we received receipt from USCIS for payment only.
Any idea how long it will take?3 - Form I-131 (Travel Document), we received receipt from USCIS for payment only.
Any idea how long it will take?4 - From I-765 (Employment Authorization), we received receipt from USCIS for payment only.
Any idea how long it will take?5 - Form I-325a (Biographic Information), we received receipt from USICS for payment, Appointment Letter and Figure Print done two week back.Visit visa B1/B2 authorized extended (1 year year) stay would we expire in first week of August 2017.Please advice above by line, thanks in advance!!!
The basic question from above matter is. should we go for apply an other extension for B1/B2 which is going to expire in first week of Aug 2017, considering that we already filed AOS which is pending at USCIS!Thanks
8/4/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 11 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

All of the processing times depend on which field office the forms were submitted to, but you can view the status at any time on the US CIS website. They tend to update every month or so, although more recent updates have been less frequent.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

If your mother's visa is going to expire soon, yes, she needs to request an extension. Otherwise, she'd be expected to leave the country between when it expires and when her new paperwork is completed. The process always takes several months, if not longer, so it's not remotely likely to be processed by the middle of this month.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 11 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, this is Jen Marie, another attorney.. did you opt out the previous attorney on purpose - did you want another attrney to help you?

Did you have any other questions for me on this?