Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have fallen in love with a Tibetan in India with no

Customer Question
I have fallen in...

I have fallen in love with a Tibetan in India with no passport, although he is applying for a Tibetan Identification Card. We have a large age difference between us, which was of no concern to us until we started looking at the requirements for a fiance visa to the U.S. Not sure of the best course to proceed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you planning to get married within 90 days of the arrival to the US?

Yes, but my big concern is he has no passport. Can he even apply for the visa with just the TIC?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer?

I talked to one woman who I believe was sketchy for various reasons. We have just been reading what we can find online.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The age difference is 34 years.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
8/4/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 11 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

The age different will be a red flag to U.S. immigration that perhaps you are a vulnerable U.S. Citizen that might have been fooled into falling in love by someone that is desperate to come to the U.S. I am NOT saying that this is the case, I am telling you that this is what they will think. It is not an impossible situation as I have successfully done cases with a similar difference, though those have all been when the couple are in the U.S. As far as the documentation, if he is missing a birth certificate, here is a good article:

http://www.immihelp.com/birth-certificate/birth-certificate-secondary-evidence.html

He might be able to do it with the TIC and secondary evidence.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!