Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My husband and I been married 4 years he just passed his…

Customer Question
My husband and I...

My husband and I been married 4 years he just passed his naturalization test after immigration interviewed both of us for about 3 hours they are telling us the marriage is not Bonifide and we will get a letter in the mail I'm thinking the worst what should I do

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

I'm a naturalized citizen and he has his 10 year LPR it will expire in 5 years

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No that's why I'm urgently need guidance I'm so scared

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that is it we are married and I think the problem is that we have multiple addresses

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
8/3/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry about the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Are you saying that he got his green card through you, he proved that he marriage was real to do it and they gave him a 2 year conditional card, then he applies 2 years later to remove the conditions on that card and he again proved that the marriage was real, but now, when he applied for U.S. Citizenship, they are saying that the marriage is not real?

They asked both of us multiple questions and questioned employment addresses who lived with us etc they questioned our last vacation trip and separated both of us we answered about 60% accurate on some my husband got nervous and confused the officer told me his case was going to be reviewed and we might get a RFE or he might be placed in removal priceedings that's what scares me we are truly married and in love we are planning our religious wedding I'm worried that they go to our house and I'm out of town I travel a lot I work internationally in sales

I don't understand. Are you the U.S. Citizen or is he?

Iam a Naturalized citizen for the last 18 years and I am the one who petitioned for my husband who will be 5 years with his permanent resident card in Sept 2017

Well, one of four things can happen:

1) They approve him, which I doubt will happen.

2) They deny him and force him to apply again but they do not revoke his Residency.

3) They deny him and forward his case to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to be placed in Removal Proceedings but ICE decides against it.

4) They deny him and forward his case to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to be placed in Removal Proceedings and ICE schedules the case for deportation.

If number 3 happens, then you just continue to collect evidence that the marriage is real and he just applies again in the future even if he has 5 years or more of Residency.

If number 4 happens, you will need to collect lots of evidence that the relationship is real as you will have a chance to prove it before the Immigration Judge. If you succeed, he keeps his Residency and can apply later for U.S. Citizenship. If you fail, he will lose his Residency and be deported. It would be a permanent bar to ever getting Residency again. Basically, start collecting as much evidence as you can.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.